Energy efficiency has been a significant focus for the construction industry, our budgets at home, and for the environment, over the past decade. As such, we have become far better at sealing buildings to make them airtight and less wasteful. The other side to this phenomenon however, is that indoor air is segregated and circulated, rather than being constantly refreshed with outdoor air blowing through windows and cracks. While this is great for the environment and for energy efficiency, this also means that there are less opportunities for toxins brought inside to escape.
Simultaneous to this rise in energy efficiency for buildings, we have seen a huge swing towards ‘wellness’ concerns. Healthy, organic, natural and clean eating and drinking is now a bigger part in most of our lives than previously. An overlooked aspect to this wellness focus is that 70% of the harmful chemical load we take into our bodies comes from the air that we breathe indoors. To truly live healthy lives, our indoor air quality needs cleaning up.
This site has been developed as an information resource for creating living environments that let us breathe easy. We provide information on:
- Health – how indoor air pollution impacts the body
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) – testing and improving the air you breathe indoors
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) – what they are, why they matter, and how to avoid them
- Construction – trends in the industry and opportunities for better outcomes
- Sustainability – environmental impacts and enhancing sustainability
- Products – healthier product options that let you breathe easy indoors
Interested in contributing content? Know of a great product we should be profiling? Please get in contact.